Monday, January 31, 2011

First post

I've just started in St. Kitt's and Nevis at the National Commission through UNESCO.  This blog is an experiment I'm trying.  I've never been much of a blogger - I tried to do an improv blog once to promote my College team, but I didn't stick with it when I graduated from my Alma Mater.

Anyways, the point of this blog is to provide my colleagues and old school chums from Dalhousie University's SIM program a place to come together to observe and track my progress at the Documentalist Coordinator for the National Commission.  I'll post my contract terms, my work so far as well my plans for the future in this position.  Please feel free to post questions, suggestions and comments as I will also be using this blog to reach out to you and exchange information, techniques and best practices.

A note on the future of this particular blog - I intend it to be fully about my work at the National Commission, not to provide hilarious anecdotes about my goings-on or post little webcartoons I find interesting.  Accordingly, I will refrain from posting work and career related material on my facebook page and twitter as I find that these work best pertaining only to my social life and pander to my most ridiculous tendencies.  In short, this blog is all business and won't contain any information regarding my leisure or social activity in St. Kitt's and Nevis as I am already writing a print journal of those experiences.

Anyways, please expect to see a blogpost on my first day very soon.  I haven't decided whether or not I will try to do a daily or weekly update schedule, so I'll play it by ear for the first few posts and if I find that I'm over my head I'll scale back the scope.

On the one personal note I'm going to allow on this blog, I'd like to extend my warmest thanks to my friends and colleagues for their indefatigable support and best wishes, especially Michael Steeleworthy, Linda Bedwell, and Joyline Makani at Dalhousie's Killam Memorial Library as well as my good friend C. E. Matthews at the UPEI Library.  I would also like to thank Conley International and UNESCO for this opportunity to assist the National Commission in their mission to provide the best information services to the good people of St. Kitt's and Nevis.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a superfan of your bookshelf background. Super fan.

    And psyched to read the rest of the blog.

    But background!

    ReplyDelete