Friday, April 8, 2011

A short one tonight

Hey folks, a short one tonight because I am beyond tired.

I'm as beyond tired as the X-Men are beyond humanity.  And unlike them, I have no desire to co-exist peacefully, merely to co-exist sleepily.

So itemized things.

1.  Still getting the ILS.  Mr. Maynard and I have to go to Central Purchasing on Monday to request purchase of my processing supplies and ILS in person and then we have to walk the staff through the ordering process.  I would have preferred it if we could move faster on this, but patience is a virtue, and I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer.  Besides, still some cat n' classing to do.

2.  We were supposed to go visit the secondary school libraries on Tuesday, but my boss called me before work that day and told me it got scotched.  Apparently there was some thing that needed his attention elsewhere, so it's been postponed indefinitely.  Boo.

3.  I'm following @jambina on twitter now.  I like her take on libraries, in that she humourously phrases things.

4  Started blocking out my draft for the CLA paper that UNESCO asked me to write.  Marsh looked over my outline and gave it a high five with a few comments.  Marsh is a PhD so in a way it felt like being back in school.

5.  Congrats to all the new SIM graduates to be, incidentally.  This week was their last week.  Sigh, has it been a year already?

6.  Remember how I said I like MARCEdit?  Yup, still do.  I love that thing.

7.  Talked to Fred at LibraryWorld on the phone this week, he gave me a follow up call after all our email correspondence just to make sure I was on board, head above water and if I felt 100% on it.  Yeah.  I am pretty much.  I've been trying to get this ILS for a while, so I'm just glad I'm getting it.

8.  Going to the beach on Sunday.  Love that beach man.

9.  Bought some souvenirs for friends at Brimstone Fortress when I was there last Saturday.

10.  I've made a decision, no alcohol at home for 2 weeks.  That trip to Brimstone actually cost me a pretty penny because I had to secure a cabbie for the drive up and back, plus museum admission and it takes a little while to get there as well, so the fare was bigger.  Plus, with some of the souvenirs I bought, I must have spent like $100 US up there.  I went there with the express purpose of doing the tourist thing, but after awhile I felt... you know what, I like to have a beer at every dinner, but it's not essential and I should save a little bit of money while I am here.

11.  I don't miss the Green Atlantic, but I am starting to miss my crew from 'Fax and the extended SIM 08-10 crowd.

I'll post more exact details on what is going on workwise later.

No comments:

Post a Comment